ASLE Technologies Group (ATG) is an innovative company that promotes clean environment and sustainable agriculture with next generation products.
ASLE (Agriculture, Soil, Land, and Environmental) offers superior technologies and advanced products based on the latest scientific research, that are unique to the agricultural industry. ATG products include fertilizers and supplements that can be used by both Conventional or Organic Growers. The products are well researched and proven in fields and trials across Canada and the US including Universities and third parties (Ag in Motion). ATG products work at the molecular level to manage energy flow within plants and plant-soil systems. This unique approach increases the efficiency of photosynthesis, which ultimately leads to healthier, more resilient crops with higher yields and quality as well as the sustainability of our environment.
ASLE helps farmers and growers meet their specific needs and goals through individual evaluation, process, and crop nutrient plan.
We look for people who have a passion for agriculture, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in building a modern agriculture company. Working with ASLE opens the door to a world of opportunities in the AG industry. Do you like helping farmers get their best yield and quality? Do you want to help others know Agronomy better? Do you want to lead the innovation? Do you want to play a direct role in positively impacting our planet’s environment and the agricultural industry?
Reporting to the Director, this position is responsible for developing and supporting ATG customers and providing agronomy support for the sales reps. What you will do:
● Be the senior or lead agronomist overseeing the education on our products and providing ongoing support to our customers and staff surrounding agronomy.
● Engage in the promotion and recommendation of ATG products and services to farmers, growers and distributors through product knowledge,and local field trials.
● Plan and conduct field testing of designated research material using defined methods that will ensure accuracy and optimize results under the experimental protocol.
● Gather, compile, analyze and interpret trial results and prepare and forward progress reports.
● Interact with management, employees, and customers to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of market conditions.
● Guide farmers through appropriate applications of products given certain weather conditions.
● Promote the proper methods for soil or tissue testing for customers as required.
● Interpret soil and tissue tests as required and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local customers.
● Oversee the development and distribution of recommendations to staff and customers.
● Attend and participate in customer/grower meetings as required.
● Present technical information related to agriculture and grower groups of various foods and grains, from apples to zucchinis.
● Liaise with appropriate industry contacts.
● Actively search for new opportunities that will enhance or expand ATG’s market presence.
● Comply with ATG policies and procedures and AG Industry regulatory and EH&S standards.
● Perform other duties as required.
What you will bring:
● Degree in Agriculture at a recognized college or university.
● Minimum of 5 years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Certified Crop Advisor designation or P.Ag. designation is required.
● Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations.
● Applicant should have experience with crop nutritional planning and fertilizers in the current market.
● Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively in various situations.
● An aptitude to analyze various growing conditions and markets.
● Proven ability to work independently, showing effective time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
● Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job.
● Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers and customers.
● Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to present to small and large groups.
● Must be safety conscious.
● Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
● Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Are you a good fit? Apply today! We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume by email to
ASLE is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with our policies, you will be required to undergo a background check. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.