Do you like helping farmers get a better yield for less cost? Do you want to lead the innovation? Do you want to play a positive role on impact our Ag industry?
What you will do:
● Be the lead agronomist overseeing the education on our products and providing ongoing support to our customers and staff surrounding all agronomy.
● Engage in the promotion and recommendation of ATG products and services to farmers, growers and distributors through product knowledge, and local field trials
Guide farmers through appropriate applications of products. Interpret soil and tissue tests as required and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local customers.
● Actively search for new opportunities that will enhance or expand ATG’s market presence and sales will be expected of the Agronomist position.
● Gather, compile, analyze, and interpret trial results and prepare and forward progress reports. This is some cases is done using GIS technology and farm data platforms. Imagery and harvest maps will provide further data and results.
● Interact with management, employees, and customers to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of market conditions.
● Attend and participate in customer/grower meetings as required.
● Liaise with appropriate industry contacts.
● Comply with ATG policies and procedures and AG Industry regulatory and EH&S standards.
● Perform other duties as required.
What you will bring:
● Degree in Agriculture at a recognized college or university.
● Minimum of 5 years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Certified Crop Advisor designation or P.Ag. the designation is required.
● Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations.
● The applicant should have experience with crop nutritional planning and fertilizers in the current market. An aptitude to analyze various growing conditions and markets.
● Experience in GIS, farm data platforms and ag technology would be an asset.
● Proven ability to work independently, showing effective time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
● Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers, and customers.
● Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to present to small and large groups. Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively in various situations.
● Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job
● Must be safety conscious.
● Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
● Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Are you a good fit? Apply today! We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume by email to
ASLE is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with our policies, you will be required to undergo a background check. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.